Blue Coat tracks questions and requests for assistance for warranty and support contracts through a Service Request (SR) process. This is typically done by contacting a Global Support Center, or by opening a Service Request through the customer support portal, BlueTouch Online. As SRs are opened, technical information about the product, environment, and customer site will be collected, and a “service severity level” is assigned for each case.
The service severity is defined by the problem type and technical impact, and plays an important role by setting the initial response time, update frequency, and as guidance for the time to escalate issues to a higher level. By setting severity levels, Blue Coat is able to balance its resources for all customers, and to allow timely resolution of technical issues.
In the interest of customer satisfaction and efficient case management, a “duty manager” is on call 24x7 as a resource to assist customers who may feel that the severity of their issue has not been accurately characterized, or the response has not been within the stated timelines. A Customer Case Handling document is available for download.
|Severity Level||Severity Description|
Response & Escalation Times
|Severity Level||Response Time||Escalation Time||Update Frequency|
|Severity 1||Immediate||2 hours||Continuous|
|Severity 2||1 hour||24 hours||Daily|
|Severity 3||8 business hours||5 business days||Weekly|
|Severity 4||3 business days||10 business days||Weekly|
* S1 and S2 problems must be logged through the Global Support Center by telephone, or immediately followed up by telephone if logged through BlueTouch Online, to help ensure the response time target is met.
** Blue Coat will make every reasonable effort to resolve the reported customer problem, provide a work-around or escalate to the next level within the times listed. Blue Coat makes no commitment to resolve an issue within a specific time.
Response time is the time between initial contact and active engagement by a support engineer or duty manager. The response times stated here are targets only. Actual response times may vary.
- Severity 1 requests are responded to on a 24X7 basis.
- Severity 2 requests are responded to on a 24x7 basis, as agreed to between the customer and Blue Coat.
- Severity 3 and 4 requests are responded to during normal business hours for the region where the SR was originated.
To expedite the resolution or elevate the severity of a reported problem, Blue Coat encourages customers to contact the on-call duty manager. This can be done by making the request to the customer support engineer to whom the case is assigned or by calling the 24/7 global on-call duty manager contact line at:
- +1 (408) 541 3700 (Worldwide), or additional toll-free or local phone numbers in select countries.
The duty manager role is not intended as a replacement to the existing Blue Coat support processes, rather a resource customers may turn to for additional management focus.
Preparing Your Request
When contacting the duty manager, please be ready to provide:
- A current, active Service Request number
- Clear contact information in the event of call-back which includes:
> Primary contact name
> Primary contact telephone number
> E-mail information
> Alternative contact(s) in the event of unavailability of the primary contact
- Failure to provide this information may result in longer response times.