Blue Coat Labs
Global Intelligence Network
Delivers immediate protection from the changing threat landscape. Blue Coat’s GIobal Intelligence Network integrates the threat research from Blue Coat Labs with intelligence from our Secure Web Gateway and Advanced Threat Defense solutions. This delivers:
- Fast, global content categorization for enterprise compliance
- Intelligence to eliminate 99.9%+ of known and emerging threats
- Continuous learning of new threats based on real-time data from users in a network of more than 15,000 global enterprises
The Global Intelligence Network is driven by Blue Coat Labs, an industry-leading team of cybercrime and advanced-threat research experts. Blue Coat Labs combines the intelligence of Blue Coat’s WebPulse group with additional expertise and technologies from Norman Shark (sandboxing) and Solera Networks (security analytics) acquisitions.
Blue Coat Labs and our Global Intelligence Network work to continuously improve threat defense. Collectively, the network processes more than 1.2 billion web requests per day —involving 200+ analyses, including sandboxing and advanced analytics—to identify new mass-market and targeted threats. Combined, this delivers a defense that blocks 99.9% of threats. That means:
- Reduced inspection to lower capacity requirements and capital costs for sandboxing
- Elimination of much of the $1.27 million operations costs from false alarms
- A simplified, more effective advanced threat defense
The Global Intelligence Network is an integral part of Blue Coat’s “negative day security” capability, which identifies, tracks, and blocks malnet infrastructures before an attack occurs. When the zero-day attack begins, this negative day defense system is already in place to block the servers or domains involved in the attack, so Blue Coat customers can enjoy the peace of mind that their networks are protected long before the actual threat phase begins.