Worldwide, we’re consistently recognized for cloud-scale innovation in data security and optimization solutions.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — March 21, 2016 — Based on its recent analysis of the network security forensics market, Frost & Sullivan presents Blue Coat Systems, Inc. with the 2016 Global Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award for capturing the highest market share within its industry. According to Frost & Sullivan, Blue Coat achieved 14 percent share in the $1 billion-plus network security forensics market in 2015, making it the market leader.
Blue Coat is a leading provider of advanced web security solutions for global enterprises and governments. The company's mission is to protect enterprises and their users from cyber threats – whether they are on the network, on the web, in the cloud or mobile. Blue Coat has a long history of protecting organizations, their data and their employees and is the trusted brand to 15,000 customers worldwide, including more than 70 percent of the FORTUNE Global 500. With a robust portfolio of intellectual property anchored by more than 230 patents and patents pending, the company continues to drive innovations that assure business continuity, agility and governance.
- Leader in enterprise security - 70% of the Fortune Global 500 use Blue Coat
- Industry recognition - positioned by top industry analysts as a leader in security
- More than 1 billion web requests categorized per day
- 230 patents issued and pending
- More than 4 million previously unseen or uncategorized threats blocked per day
- 15,000+ customers worldwide
In November 2015, Blue Coat acquired Elastica. Elastica has elevated visibility for the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) market, where it has staked a claim as a leading competitor. The acquisition demonstrates that CASBs will play an essential role in enabling effective security for enterprises that want to take advantage of popular cloud apps including Microsoft Office 365, Google Drive, Box and Salesforce.
- Launched from stealth the first CloudSOC solution, which is the only CASB solution powered by data science, machine learning, AI and algorithms
- Created the Blue Coat Elastica Cloud Threat Labs, providing actionable insights to the security community that include disclosure of major vulnerabilities in cloud apps and guidance on how to address them
- Created the Shadow Data Report, a regularly published analysis, providing analytics revealing risks enterprises face when using enterprise cloud applications
- Identified the Shadow Data threat - the widespread sharing of data in cloud apps outside of IT security teams’ knowledge and without approval or consent
- Accolades for innovation in numerous industry awards, including those sponsored by SC and CRN magazine’s recognition as one of the most innovative cloud security solutions
The Blue Coat Cloud Security Solution was recognized as the “Best Cloud Computing Security Solution” in the Reader Trust Award category at the 2015 SC Awards. The awards recognize the best solutions, services and professionals that work around the clock to defend against the constantly shifting threat landscape in today’s marketplace.
Blue Coat Cloud Security Solution is an enterprise-class cloud solution that extends an organization’s security perimeter to provide consistent security and policy, on and off the corporate network. The fully meshed global network delivers high performance and availability, with over 40 data centers in 24 countries.
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. has been recognized as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ Award winners in North America for 2015. This prestigious award acknowledges our commitment to employee engagement, including Blue Coat's creation of an extensive Company Values platform, and development of an internal campaign to celebrate and enhance that platform.
- 1 of 3