Web Application Firewall
Secure your web presence. Web-based apps and content are increasingly popular, and increasingly under attack. To secure and accelerate public web applications, turn to Blue Coat ProxySG Web Application Firewall protection.
Protect your website from the malicious attacks, including OWASP Top 10 protection around code injection, HTML injection, directory traversal, command injection, JSON validation, SQL injection and cross-site scripting. In addition, signature-based engines can be used for blocking known attack patterns.
Blue Coat’s next-generation content nature detection engines represent a fundamental shift in attack detection technology. The advanced signature-less engines understand the nature of the content, making them robust against obfuscation and new attacks. The new engines also require less frequent updating and are less prone to false positives.
Blue Coat WAF Capabilities
- OWASP Top 10 Protects your website from attacks, including OWASP Top 10
- Protect Analyze and scan inbound executables and files for malware to protect your infrastructure from concealed and disguised attacks and threats. Protect web infrastructure by isolating origin servers from direct Internet access, and scale web farms by off-loading user authentication, SSL tunnels and web content optimization.
- Improve application performance Accelerate delivery of web applications and content through integrated caching, stream splitting, bandwidth controls, threat analysis of inbound and outbound web content, and a flexible policy language with unmatched user authentication options.
Monitor and alert Perform health checks on HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, ICAP and ICMP in order to monitor web content servers and proxy-related devices for the purpose of alerting administrators, including strict HTTP/HTML protocol validation from the server and client.
- Secure user access to web applications by using ProxySG as an SSL termination point with re-encryption to web servers, or a man-in-the-middle (MITM) configuration. ProxySG provides both server- and client-side certificate support, with web services encryption and decryption, and digital signature verification.
- Control Apply policy to inbound connections, based on IP address, user agent, client geo-location, and almost any other characteristic of the incoming request.
Built on the industry-leading ProxySG platform, Blue Coat Web Application Firewall offers full OWASP Top 10 protection, along with advanced policy, control, accountability and performance features in a Web Application Firewall solution.